On January 21st, early availability of the ServiceNow Quebec release was shared within the ServiceNow community. With the release of Quebec come new and enhanced features that you can leverage in your organization. Twice a year, ServiceNow announces a new release, previous releases being ServiceNow Paris (Q3 2020) and Orlando (Q1 2020).
Remember, ServiceNow operates on an n-1 support model. This means once Quebec is released, you must either upgrade to Quebec or the Paris release. General availability for the ServiceNow Quebec release is targeted for late Q1 2021. Stay tuned for more exact dates from ServiceNow!
Read on for some (we couldn’t fit all) enhancements and feature updates to come on the ServiceNow Quebec release.
And for more on upgrade advice from the experts, check out these articles:
Enhancements in the Quebec Release
1. Now Platform
With a single cloud platform, you can completely transform your enterprise.
- Reporting: You can customize reporting with multiple formatting options like calculations and robust dynamic design.
- Virtual Agent: Automatically resolve notifications, incidents, and password resets by leveraging guided setup with topic recommendations.
- Performance Analytics: Leverage calendar support with dashboards.
- Mobile: You can use AI search, deep linking, and card actions to enhance mobile experiences with consumer grade capabilities.
- Mobile Agent: Favorite and bookmark mobile screens for quicker access and access critical information on-the-go.
- Mobile developer tool: Create cards and templates through an intuitive designer.
2. IT Workflows
Whether it’s IT Business Management (ITBM), IT Service Management (ITSM), or IT Operations Management (ITOM), the NOW platform is not just a ticketing tool.
IT Business Management (ITBM)
- Scenario Planning for PPM: With this tool, you can simulate investment scenarios to view your work all in one place and enhance overall visibility.
- PPM Collaboration: You can leverage ServiceNow Virtual Agent for PPM to find needed information and sync ServiceNow projects with Microsoft Teams and Slack.
IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Virtual Agent: Automate routine steps in the resolution process to accelerate incident resolution.
- Workforce Optimization: With transparent visibility into performance, this tool enables you to manage your teams effectively.
- Process Optimization: Enables better visibility into impactful processes and show where there are avoidable bottlenecks.
IT Operations Management (ITOM)
- Predictive AIOps: Solve problems faster with intelligent recommendations and predict and minimize issues by detecting anomalies before impacting the end user.
- Machine Learning for Service Mapping: Embedded machine learning reduces time needed for service mapping from days to only hours!
Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- CMDB and CSDM Data Synchronization: Automatically populate CIs to improve efficiency with background processing of CSDM and CI data.
- Onboarding Help: Via CLI and API you can add DevOps teams to your ServiceNow ecosystem to enable service catalog support.
Need Upgrade Help?
ServiceNow Elite Partner, Infocenter can perform the entire upgrade for you and is available for post-upgrade support saving you time and resources, and the hiring of a part or full time ServiceNow admin.